On March 12, 2018 on the website of International Standardization Organization there was published the standard ISO 45001:2018 «Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements with guidance for use».
According to the requirements of the published IAF MD 21:2018 «Requirements for the Migration to ISO 45001:2018 from OHSAS 18001:2007» the transition period to ISO 45001:2018 will be 3 years, starting from the official publication date, i.e. before 12.03.2021.
In order to improve the performance of the subdivisions of RR and auditors in planning and conducting of audits of occupational health and safety management systems of organizations according ISO 45001:2018 (OHSAS) requirements during the transition period, the following provisions shall be followed:
- Develop ISO 45001:2018 transition plan;
- Take the training on ISO 45001:2018 requirements;
- Identify the strategy of your company and stakeholders, as well as their requirements;
- Analyze and confirm roles and authority of persons responsible for conformity to the requirements
- Ensure meeting of all new requirements, including requirements for competence, and enhance awareness of all stakeholders which affect the OHSAS improvement;
- Analyze processes for products and services purchased by the outsourcing scheme
- Analyze and understand the requirements for risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Make sure that the requirements related to the documented information are understood correctly;
- Make sure that all new requirements are met, and communicate the information to all parties that can affect on effectiveness of OHSAS management system;
- Update the existing OHSAS management system to meet the requirements of the new standard and ensure verification (verification) of its effectiveness
- Contact Certification Association “Russian Register” to plan the transition to the new standard;
- Complete the full cycle of internal audits for conformity to ISO 45001:2018
- Perform the management review, energy review and assess efficiency of the system.
- Complete the application and send it to Certification Association “Russian Register” to confirm compliance to ISO 45001:2018 during a scheduled or an additional audit.
Date of publication: 30.01.2019