Spread of coronavirus infection COVID-19 and implementation of a number of restrictions related to it has required correction of standard procedures for practically all certification activities. Particularly a period for performing activities within the frameworks of initial, surveillance and recertification audits, as well as audits for transition to the new versions of standards or new standards, has been prolonged up to 6 months.
Clarifications of these issues are provided at the website of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) in Frequently Asked Questions: https://iaffaq.com/.
Based on the provided answers to these questions please be informed that transition periods for all standards have been prolonged by 6 months from the original terms specified by the IAF:
- Transition from the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 requirements is allowed till 12.09.2021.
- Transition from the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 to ISO 22000:2018 requirements is allowed till 29.12.2021.
- Transition from the requirements of ISO 50001:2011 to ISO 50001:2018 requirements is allowed till 21.02.2022. Performing audits, including initial, surveillance and recertification audits of conformity to ISO 50001:2011 requirements will be terminated since 21.08.2020.
- Transition from the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 requirements is allowed till 29.03.2022. Performing audits, including initial, surveillance and recertification audits of conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 requirements will be terminated since 20.09.2020.
We remind you that transition to the requirements of the new version of the standard can be carried out in the course of:
- planned surveillance audit;
- planned recertification audit;
- additional audit.
Date of publication: 18.06.2020